Asparagus in Creamy Lemon Vodka Sauce
Looking for a new way to serve asparagus? Try SimplyVodka’s creamy lemon vodka sauce recipe! This is a relatively easy side dish to cook and we absolutely love it. Although not mentioned in this recipe, we sometimes also cook pasta to go with this dish and serve the asparagus in creamy lemon sauce on top of linguini (or whatever other pasta we have on hand at the time). Let Simply Vodka know what you think of this dish after you cook it! This same lemon vodka sauce can be made to be served over other vegetables or meats – let us know what you enjoy it with after experimenting some!
Asparagus in Creamy Lemon Vodka Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Bunch Fresh Asparagus
- 2 Lemons
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
Asparagus in Lemon Vodka Sauce Directions:
- Cook asparagus in skillet on low-medium heat for 4-5 minutes. (Be sure to wash and trim your asparagus prior to cooking.)
- Zest one lemon and set to the side. Juice both of the lemons and save on the side.
- In separate saucepan begin heating your heavy cream. Let cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add vodka to your cram and continue to cook another 5-6 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add asparagus to the saucepan with your vodka sauce and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to the saucepan and stir. Cook for 3-4 more minutes or until your asparagus is cooked as desired.
- Top with freshly grated lemon zest.
- Enjoy your asparagus in creamy lemon vodka sauce!