Drunk Crock Pot Collards
- Around 2 pounds fresh collards (washed & trimmed)
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 1/4 Cup Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Topping of Choice (Salt, Pepper Sauce, Hot Sauce)
Note – Feel free to substitute vegetable broth in lieu of the beef broth and/or Splenda instead of the brown sugar
- Saute Onion, Garlic, Vinegar, & Brown Sugar for around 2 minutes
- Combine with remaining ingredients in Crock Pot
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or High for 2-3 hours.
- Add the topping of your choice & enjoy!
Notes for Simply Vodka’s Drunk Collards:
- Be sure to thoroughly clean collards before cooking. I rinse each leaf individually.
- Remove any thick stems (or you can chop the collards)
- My favorite topping is homemade pepper sauce, however I also like topping them with a hot sauce like Crystal. I’ve also used seasoning salt before.
- Please see the Drunk Collards image gallery for detailed pictures
If you are in need of a new crock pot, I’ve had this one for over 4 years now and love it!
I'll start out by saying that this recipe by no means made the best collard greens that I've ever eaten. That is because my favorite recipes involve fatback, bacon grease, or ham hocks. With that being said this recipe made some very flavorful collards that were healthier than the traditional recipes I have used. On top of the great flavor of these drunk collards, the recipe is super easy to make! After about 15-20 minutes of prep work you set the crock pot and simply wait.