Easy Homemade Limoncello from Vodka
Follow Simply Vodka’s simple instructions to make your own homemade limoncello. We just finished a batch that we made with Tito’s vodka this year to give out as Christmas gifts.
Homemade Limoncello Directions:
- Wash lemons.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outer skin from the lemons being careful to avoid any of the white pith, which will make your limoncello bitter. If you accidentally get pith also, then use a small pairing knife to remove it.
- Add the lemon peels to a glass container with a lid. We used a Bormioli Rocco 41 oz glass pitcher (see below).
- Cover the lemon peels with vodka. We used Tito’s Vodka.
- Place out of direct sunlight and let sit for about 2 weeks. You can shake or stir the container occasionally, if you remember.
- After the 2 weeks of flavoring, it’s time for the final steps.
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1.5 cups of sugar with 2 cups of water over medium-high heat and cook until the sugar completely dissolves. Let this mixture cool completely.
- While the simple syrup is cooling, use a strainer to separate the lemon peels from your vodka. Strain over a large pitcher to collect your lemon-flavored vodka.
- Once the simple syrup is cool, add it to the vodka and stir to combine.
- Finally, pour your limoncello into individual glass containers and place in freezer. We used 250ml swing top bottles we bought online from here: ebottles.com Enjoy!