Fall Cranberry Vodka Hot Toddy
The featured fall cocktail this week is a cranberry vodka hot toddy. With the weather starting to cool off here I was in the mood for a hot toddy cocktail. There are several “more traditional” hot toddy recipes that I enjoy including the classic whiskey, boiling water, and honey basic toddy cocktail. Since we are still in the fall season, I decided to go with the recipe below this week as it is a much more fall appropriate drink.
Cranberry Vodka Hot Toddy Ingredients:
- 64 oz cranberry juice
- 1-1/2 – 2 cups vanilla vodka
- 4 cinnamon sticks (more if used as a garnish as well)
- 2 tsp whole allspice
- 1/2 cup sugar
Crockpot Cranberry Vodka Hot Toddy Steps:
- Combine cranberry juice, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and whole allspice in your crockpot. Set crock pot on high for 2.5 hours (to bring the toddy ingredients to a boil). Be sure to stir a few times to make sure the sugar is dissolved. Leave crockpot on warm setting until you are ready to serve.
- Add the vodka to the mixture when you are ready to serve. You can alternatively let your guests add their vodka directly to their mugs/glasses in case some guests want a weaker or stronger hot toddy than others.
- Stir and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
- Enjoy your cranberry vodka hot toddy!