Hangar 1 Vodka Review
Hangar 1 Vodka Review and Info:
- Viognier grapes with midwestern wheat are combined for their balanced “straight” vodka.
- Hangar One’s distillery fills a 65,000 sq. ft. airplane hangar in Alameda, CA
- The entire grape including skin, stems, seeds, and leaves are used.
- Small batch produced in pot stills.
- The distillery offers both tastings and tours for the public on Wed-Sun.
I found Hangar 1 vodka to be an excellent "sipping" vodka. When served chilled the vodka had smooth texture and an almost creamy semi-sweet flavor. The chilled vodka slid down the throat extremely smoothly without the typical burn that many vodkas cause. Unlike many other top-shelf vodkas I've tasted in the past, Hangar One vodka is definitely worth it's above average price tag. During my Hangar 1 vodka review tastings I also found that the vodka worked well as a mixer for a vodka tonic or a martini. I'm sure it would blend well in pretty much any other vodka cocktail as well.
Hangar One Straight Vodka 750ml - Only $29.99