Spicy Sausage Pasta in Vodka Sauce
Spicy Sausage Pasta in Vodka Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Spicy Sausage Brats
- 12 oz Bowtie Pasta (feel free to substitute Penne)
- 3 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 14.5 oz Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
Spicy Sausage Pasta in Vodka Sauce Directions:
- Boil some salted water in saucepan and cook for approximately 6 minutes, until cooked firm.
- In a separate skillet, cook your spicy sausage brats in your olive oil on med-high heat until cooked (no pink).
- Add onions and garlic to your cooked sausage. Cook until soft and the onions will have a transparent look.
- Drain and then add the pasta to your skillet with the sausage, garlic, & onion.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add a dash (or more if a spicier pasta is desired)
- Add vodka and cook about 4 minutes until sauce is reduced approximately by half.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for another 4 minutes as the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Serve in pasta bowl.
- Add cheese and basil to garnish, if desired.
Notes for Simply Vodka’s Spicy Sausage Pasta in Vodka Sauce:
- Vodka sauce is much easier to make than people realize – impress your guests with this dish
- Do not overcook your pasta in the boiling water as you are going to continue cooking it with the other ingredients
- Our images may appear slightly more orange – this is due to us using some canned diced tomatoes from heirloom tomatoes that were orange-red.