Vodka Soaked Raisins Rice Pudding
Vodka soaked raisins make a unique topper for rice pudding and are sure to please the guests you have prepared the meal for. We have also used vodka soaked raisins in a few other dessert dishes so feel free to experiment with them yourselves! They are the perfect addition to rice pudding since they can be added (or left out for guests who do not want any) right before serving your dessert dishes. We had several guests come back and add more vodka soaked raisins to their pudding at the last dinner party we prepared this dessert for.
Vodka Soaked Raisin Rice Pudding Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 3/4 Cup Vodka
- 1 Cup Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1-1/4 Cups of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
Optional Pecan Sauce to Add to your Vodka Soaked Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
Vodka Soaked Raisins Rice Pudding Directions:
- Put your raisins in a bowl and add vodka. Let sit for a minimum of 45 minutes so that the raisins have time to soak up the vodka. We generally let our raisins soak for 2 or more hours in the vodka to ensure they are well saturated.
- Add your rice (preferably medium grain), water, milk, heavy cream, and butter to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Add your nutmeg and cinnamon. Cover the pot and continue cooking for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Optional Pecan Sauce to Add to Vodka Soaked Raisins: Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil. Cook for 4-5 minutes and remove from heat. It is now ready to serve as an optional topping on your rice pudding.